melinda

Book Muse

I like to read books, lots and lots of books.

Slightly Wicked
Tamar Ossowski
Through the Ever Night
Greetings from the Flipside: A Novel
Rene Gutteridge, Cheryl McKay
The Universe Versus Alex Woods - Gavin Extence Alex Woods has had a pretty unusual life so far by the age of 17. He lives with his single mother with is clairvoyant and spends her time reading tarot cards for people. She predicts something horrible si going to happen and it does- to Alex. He gets hit by a meteorite at a young age and becomes something of a celebrity.Alex is not a popular kid for a few reasons – being that he is a bit of an outcast. H dresses oddly, is interested in nerdy things and also has epileptic fits. So he gets bullied quite a bit. Through one particular instance, he meets a reclusive widower, Mr. Peterson. That begins a wonderful friendship.This is a YA book but there are definitely reasons for adults to want to read it as well. I think that this book would also make an excellent book club selection for young adult readers or adult readers alike. The lessons Alex learns along the way are lessons that we all have to learn repeatedly in life. I found it interesting to see how they were reinforced and how Alex was straight forward with his take on everything.I received this ARC from Netgalley in return for an honest review.