melinda

Book Muse

I like to read books, lots and lots of books.

Slightly Wicked
Tamar Ossowski
Through the Ever Night
Greetings from the Flipside: A Novel
Rene Gutteridge, Cheryl McKay
The Story Guy - Mary Ann Rivers Carrie is a librarian in her 30’s who is very content with most of her life. She loves her job, loves her friends and loves her family but in the romance department she’s feeling lonely and sick of watching love pass her by. One night while perusing the local online personal ads one in particular catches her eye.“I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only.”The picture attached is normal, attractive and looks like an actual person for once. On impulse Carrie responds to the ad and quickly sets up the meeting. The first Wednesday and first kiss go surprisingly well and sparks fly. Brian seems to be a great guy and Carrie wants to see him outside of the park but he pulls back and insists on Wednesdays and kissing only.They begin to get closer during their park dates and IM chats when they both can’t sleep . Carrie can tell Brian is withholding important information to him. When she realizes what that is she tries to figure out how to make a possible relationship work with someone so hesitant to share his life with her.I don’t usually read novellas but this one caught me from the very beginning. I’m a sucker for librarian stories and this was funny and cute from the get go. Carrie as a heroine was excellent – she knew what she wanted and fought for it. She loved her life and I loved that she went after what she wanted – from emailing Brian to set up the initial meeting to IMing him.Brian was an adorable hero and together they made a great couple. This book felt like a longer novel to me with all of the emotions that I went through reading it. The romance between the two leading characters was strong and I loved the humor throughout as well. The last part of it was particularly touching and made me a little teary eyed. I would definitely recommend this cute romance. 5 stars.I was provided this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.