melinda

Book Muse

I like to read books, lots and lots of books.

Slightly Wicked
Tamar Ossowski
Through the Ever Night
Greetings from the Flipside: A Novel
Rene Gutteridge, Cheryl McKay
Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) - Colleen Hoover I was unsure how I would like this book as it seemed to be basically the same book as Hopeless in my mind.But oh how I loved it! Colleen Hoover managed to take the same story as Hopeless but give the readers a completely different POV and leave them feeling as if we got a brand new story.First we get a glimpse into Holder the year before he meets Hope, right after Les kills herself. This is simply heartbreaking. And surprisingly funny in a very dark way. We get to see Holder's true thoughts and feelings as he writes in a notebook to his dead twin. This is an incredibly effective way to get to see what he's actually thinking. But it also gives us an idea of what their relationship was like, close and sarcastic and loving.The story moves into areas we've already seen but while it's familiar it's also not. Seeing how Holder hears about Hope before meeting her, how he researches her and how he spends their time apart is a whole new perspective. Instead of just seeing Hope's pain now we know why Holder came back to Hope at all.The secondary character of Daniel was excellent. He made me laugh from the beginning and fit right in with the dark humor and sarcastic feel of Holder and Hope already.We get to see the whole story from beginning to end from Holder's POV and in this instance it was definitely worth it. This book is heartbreaking and angsty but also uplifting and hopeful. I loved the use of the notebook entries. Definitely a 5 star book.I received this ARC from Netgalley in return for an honest review.